Advocating for the advancement of our ideals in our own Congressional District
Indivisible San Diego North 49 is a grassroots political group organized for the purpose of resisting the Trump Administration’s dismantling of our civil liberties, social protections, and democratic institutions. We are a group of like-minded individuals dedicated to local organizing and action with the goal of defeating or delaying any policy that harms our society or our citizens.
We believe in the principles of inclusion and diversity. All people who are willing to fight against authoritarianism and resist the Trump agenda are welcome, regardless of age, race, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or political party.
We are dedicated to peaceful, nonviolent resistance.
We recognize that some of us will be more harmed by the Trump administration than others, particularly people of color, immigrants, the disabled, the LGBT community, women, and especially those whose identities intersect across groups. We believe in educating ourselves, listening, and working to act in solidarity as both allies and activists.
What We Are Not
Although we believe that policy development is important, positive policymaking is not the focus of this group. We encourage all members to continue their efforts in other arenas to provide a positive policy alternative to the Trump agenda, while this group will focus on providing a strong defensive opposition.
Although understanding the process by which we arrived at our current political situation will be important in ensuring we don't repeat our mistakes, this group is organized around resistance and action, not argument or the assigning of blame.
We do not and will never advocate violence as a means of achieving any of our political goals. Although in-person protest, direct action, and civil disobedience are important tools for resistance, we firmly reject violence in any form.
We strongly believe in the principle of free speech, but we reject bigotry in all forms and will not tolerate hate speech or harassment.
- Apr 23, 2017 Fearing Trump policies, 15,000 in San Diego join science marches across the globe - San Diego U-T Apr 23, 2017
- Apr 18, 2017 Democrats Target Rep. Issa's Seat As One They Could Take From Republicans - NPR Morning Edition Apr 18, 2017
- Apr 10, 2017 The Trump Resistance Found Early Success. Can It Also Find Momentum? - NY Times Apr 10, 2017
- Mar 13, 2017 Press Coverage of 3-11-2017 Town Hall Mar 13, 2017
- Mar 7, 2017 Crowd returns to Issa's office - San Diego U-T Mar 7, 2017
- Mar 3, 2017 Politically vulnerable, Issa walks a tightrope on Trump and Russia - San Diego U-T Mar 3, 2017
- Feb 24, 2017 Protest vigil outside Issa's home draws 200 - San Diego U-T Feb 24, 2017
- Feb 23, 2017 Message from Congressman Duncan Hunter Feb 23, 2017
- Feb 23, 2017 Vista Town Hall On Health Care Proceeds Without Congressman Issa - KPBS Feb 23, 2017
- Feb 22, 2017 Issa is a no show at packed healthcare town hall - CBS Feb 22, 2017
- Feb 17, 2017 Pressure for town halls ratchets up; Issa not biting - San Diego U-T Feb 17, 2017
- Feb 16, 2017 North County Report: Issa Praises Trump, Faces Heat at Home - Voice of San Diego Feb 16, 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Rep. Issa’s Constituents Call On Him To Attend Town Hall On Health Care - NPR Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 15, 2017 Issa, Hunter protests getting bigger, better - Escondido Grapevine Feb 15, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 Congressional Republicans Are Scared of Holding Town Halls Now For Some Reason - GQ Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 8, 2017 Progressive Groups Aim To Resist Trump Policies With Tea Party Tactics - KPBS Midday Edition Feb 8, 2017
- Feb 7, 2017 Protesters again gather outside Issa's Vista office - San Diego U-T Feb 7, 2017
- Feb 7, 2017 An Angry Left Looks to Tea Party Tactics - LA Times Feb 7, 2017
- Feb 2, 2017 Democrats launch early effort to unseat Ed Royce, Darrell Issa from Congress - OC Register Feb 2, 2017
- Jan 31, 2017 Activism growing in region - San Diego Union Tribune Jan 31, 2017