Trump and the Republicans have unveiled their tax bill “framework” and guess what? It helps Donald Trump, Darrell Issa, their super rich friends and donors, cabinet/administration members, and big corporations. What a YUGE surprise!
Republicans, including Issa, want you to believe this “framework” is a tax cut for the middle class. But that is another big league lie.
- eliminates the “death tax” - applies to estates valued over $5.5 million;
- eliminates the Alternative Minimum Tax (“AMT”) - applies to those earning between $200K and $1mm;
- reduces the marginal income tax rate from 39.6% to 35% for top earners;
- reduces the “pass-through” rate from 39.6% to 25% - only 4% of business owners would see any benefit;
- reduces the corporate tax rate from 35% to 20% - helps big business and investors.
Get the picture?
This tax bill will soon be going to the House even though:
- 73% of Americans say the current tax system favors the wealthy;
- 67% of Americans believe corporations pay too little in taxes;
- 63% of Americans favor increasing taxes on the wealthy and large corporations.
Darrell Issa, the wealthiest member of Congress, has sided with Trump 98% of the time, even at the expense of his own constituents.
Darrell Issa voted yes on Trump”care” – a vote to rip healthcare away from 37,000 constituents and raise health care costs - to give tax cuts to the super rich.
Darrell Issa has a reputation of looking out for himself, his own interests, and the interests of wealthy corporations and donors.
Darrell Issa needs to do his job, represent his constituents, and vote NO!
This Tuesday, let's show up in numbers to remind Issa that he works for us and we do NOT support tax cuts for the super rich!
So join us on Tuesday. Bring your friends, your signs and your energy!
PS: Want to support Puerto Rico? Here are 2 good articles that tell you about the best ways to help our fellow US citizens.