Our theme this week is American Unity. Transgender in the militarly. DACA. Health care for all. There are so many ways we are being divided. Let's celebrate our unity.
Retired Brigadier General Brahms who spoke at our rally 2 weeks ago will be back again tomorrow.
Last Tuesday we collected donations for an upgrade to our speaker system. Someone pointed out that the people who can't hear with our current speakers didn't hear that announcement! So if you would like to contribute, stop by the sign-in table.
This Tuesday we are collecting food donations for hungry kids in Vista. We are partnering with our friends in Wagon Circle and Vista Teen Outreach. If you cannot come to the rally and want to contribute, send Ellen an email and she'll arrange to meet you/pick up your donation. Or if you'd rather make a cash donation, you can click HERE to get to the Wagon Circle website. Let them know you are an Issa rally participant!
Here's what the food pantry needs:
Top Ramen, cup o’noodles
Rice, pasta, rice a roni
Pasta with sauce
Canned soups, stew, beans
Mac & cheese
Peanut butter and jelly
Cheese/peanut butter crackers
Granola bars, fruit bars
Trail mix, beef jerky
Fruit snacks, fruit cups
No expired items
Nothing over 16oz
As you know, Trump is scheduled to make an announcement about DACA sometime on Tuesday. If he cancels the program, there are 2 rallies to attend. The biggest one is at the County Admin Building at 6pm. If you can't make it downtown, go to North County Westfield Mall (North County Fair) in Escondido at 6pm.
- As you know, we are in front of Issa's building. We ask you to respect the property owner and stay off the grass.
- It won't be as hot in Vista on Tuesday, but we still need to be cautious. Please bring water. We'll have some if you forget, along with misters/sprayers and cold towels.
- There are lots of people who help out at our rallies. Please take a minute and say thanks to them 😄
- We will again have legal observers at this rally. They are there to observe, not interact with us. Please respect that.
- Please avoid going out into the street to take pictures. We do have some photographers who may be in the street, but please don't do it yourselves. You can find their photos here.
- Pastor Matthew Palm of Hope Church at 1755 Thibodo Rd offers the parking lot to promote public safety (he recognizes the danger of people parking illegally on Thibodo Rd), and emphasized that the church does not take sides in politics.
- If you are not parking at the church, please park on the street vs Issa's parking lot.
- If you park on Thibodo Rd, be sure your car is not blocking the traffic lane. If you do, you'll probably get a ticket.