Issa's silent on health care, he's silent about Russia, but he mouths off about his constituents? It sounds like he underestimates us, doesn't it?
Please join us this Tuesday and we'll show him that we're not going away any time soon. With our theme of "The Sound of Silence," you can adorn your sign with a picture of Issa. We're providing the duct tape for you to use to cover his mouth! (We'll also have painter's tape if you don't want to ruin your picture :)
Margaret has a couple of new songs for us. They are to the tunes of "Imagine" by John Lennon and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" originally by PP&M. If you don't know the tunes, feel free to listen to them before you come.
- This Tuesday, we are again holding our rally across the street from Rep Issa's office. This may or may not be permanent.
- We will have ACLU observers at this rally and at all future rallies.They are there to observe, not interact with us. Please respect that.
- Please avoid crossing the street, or going out into the street to take pictures! We do have some photographers who may be in the street, but please don't do it yourselves. You can find their photos on Indivisible49.com
- If for some reason you do need to cross the street, please go to a Peace Patrol member in a safety vest. They will be escorting people across the street.
- Pastor Matthew Palm of Hope Church at 1755 Thibodo Rd offers the parking lot to promote public safety (he recognizes the danger of people parking illegally on Thibodo Rd), and emphasized that the church does not take sides in politics.
- If you are not parking at the church, please park on the street vs Issa's parking lot.
- If you have disabilities or mobility problems we are holding 6 parking spots on the event side of the street for you. We have marked those spots with orange buckets. Look for someone with a safety vest and they will help you!
- If you park on Thibodo Rd, be sure your car is not blocking the traffic lane. If you do, you'll probably get a ticket.
- Please park away from the building on both sides of the street.